If you have a dead tree, or possibly dying, then you may need a tree removal company to come out and give you a quote. We, at Certified Arborist Alpharetta, can give you a free quote. Here we want to talk about why you should have the tree removed and what kind of procedure it takes to get the job done. First, you must understand that each situation is different. A lot of the job depends on where the tree is, and how big the tree is. Here is 10 steps we take to safely remove a tree.
- The first thing that must happen is to clear the area of the tree. The equipment that a tree service company may bring in can be quite large. They use bucket trucks and chipper equipment for the job.
- Next, you must make sure there is a clear path to put the tree down. In some circumstances there won’t be enough room to let the tree fall. In that case a crane may have to be brought in depending on the size.
- Does the tree have any badly damaged or decayed areas? This could influence the direction of travel when it comes down. The tree may snap or break in the weak spots and go the wrong way.
- You must plan on things going wrong. What happens if the tree falls in the wrong direction. This step is for your safety. Always have a route to escape the chaos.
- Here you should double check your ability to do this by yourself. We are a professional tree service and we recommend you call us if you are near alpharetta.
- If you decide to proceed with the removal, get all the necessary tools. Chainsaws, or pole chainsaws, handsaws, tree climbing safety gear, safety glasses, face shields, and any other equipment that will be needed to keep you safe. Remember you only get one body.
- On this step there is a couple different methods you can use. If the tree is particularly large you can go through and remove all the branches first. This will leave the main trunk and be easier to manage. The faster but more experienced method is to drop the tree with everything still attached. Then you can chop all it all apart when on the ground.
- This is the step that you really need to be careful. You will need to notch the side of the tree that you want it to fall. That means cutting a peice out of the tree shaped like a peice of pizza. This will put a lot of stress on that side.
- Once you have the side notched go to the other side and start cutting through it with the chainsaw. Remember that some factors will influence the tree to go the wrong way. Make the cut and the tree will fall.
- Always be safe and warn anyone around that a tree is falling.
That is how you would diy tree removal, however it can be a dangerous task and should be left up to the professionals. They do this day in and day out. Call us at 706-928-6471.